Sunday, August 1, 2010

Reflections on my thoughts today....

It is our expectation that leads us to our depression. He said He would always be there, that He would never leave or forsake me, and that He would never give me more than I could handle. If everything were as smooth as ice cream, life would be boring. We would never grow and never appreciate life to its fullest. I was reminded of Phil 4:11-13 which says, "I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do everything through Him who gives me strength."

So today I ponder what I am thankful for and why I am content and this why...

I have a wonderful, amazing husband and two beautiful blessings from heaven that are the joys of our lives. We pray God blesses us with more.

I have the pleasure of sweet cuddles from chubby little arms and little rasberry kisses from tiny, cupid lips.

I have the privilege of little voices asking me questions, hanging onto my every word, and calling me mother and I have the joy of watching them grow and knowing the satisfaction of having a part of their development.

I have the indescribable honor of feeling life from within my body. If I could describe the emotions when I first felt the little stir within my womb, I would have to make up another language, as I cannot find any word quite good enough in mine.

I have the awesome challenge of laboring to bring flesh of my flesh and bone of my bone into this world, and seeing a little wrinkled face for the first time. I have the beautiful quiet moments of cradling a babe at my breast and stroking the soft, chubby cheek as wide, searching eyes gaze into mine.

I have the responsibility from God to love, care and raise these human lives to serve their Creator and change the world for Him. I have a high calling from God. It may not always be easy, but He never said it would be!

No comments:

Post a Comment