Monday, August 30, 2010

An Appointed Time For Everything

So I haven't written in awhile on my blog. So much has happened and I had so much to think through and reflect upon. I can now see more clearly. A friend of mine mentioned the book of Ecclesiates to me and I read some of chapter 3 and was reminded that there truly is a season for everything. I would like to quote the verses that have meant something to me.

"There is an appointed time for everything. And there is a time for every event under heaven. A time to give birth, and a time to die; a time to plant and a time to uproot what was planted. A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to tear down, and a time to build up. A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance. A time to throw stones, and a time to gather stones; a time to embrace, and a time to shun embracing. A time to search, and a time to give up as lost; a time to keep, and a time to throw away. A time to tear apart, and a time to sew together; a time to be silent. and a time to speak. A time to love, and a time to hate; a time for war, and a time for peace". Ecclesiates 3:1-8

These verses really spoke to me these past two weeks. I realized that there truly is a time for everything and that everything can't go as I plan or would like it to go. I lost two very dear childhood friends... lost in the sense that they cut me out of their lives... I dealt with anger and bitterness for the years I had "wasted" on their friendships. I felt resentful for allowing them to walk into my life and heart and then let them rip me to pieces. I thought these were God fearing women.. who loved the Lord with all their heart.. who would do the right thing. But we are all human.. who am I to judge. My season to weep, mourn, be torn down and have stones thown at was upon me. I longed for the days of dancing, laughing, being built up and picking up the stones with them... but recently I have embraced my season. Now is my season for peace and not war, for healing not killing, for giving up as lost and for love, not hate. This journey has not been an easy one.. but it has taught me so much and caused me to grow even deeper in my relationship with the Lord. I have realized that I dont "need" anyone to complete my life, make it more fun, more fulfilling.. I just need Him! Its been an awesome lesson and one I just wanted to share with others.

No comments:

Post a Comment