Thursday, August 5, 2010

A Poem To Share

My Reflection

A home filled with things,
A heart with a hole,
A childhood of burdens,
One crushed, searching soul.

A heart drenched with sadness,
A mind full of fears.
A feeling of loneliness,
Eyes drowned in tears.

A prayer for survival,
Dreaming for change.
The hope of a miracle,
Tho hope seemed so strange.

A whisper of Heaven,
One touch of His grace.
A life of forgiveness,
The glimpse of His face.


I wrote this poem today while thinking of so many things. Sometimes things or people get the best of me and I find writing theraputic. Im not the best poet but I hope this meant something to someone out there!

2 comments:

  1. Are you doing ok? sounds hopeful at the end but I didn't know you were dealing with anything this week?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am doing fine... there is always something every week :) And I try not burden everyone with all my "troubles" (most are never changing) but it did feel good to write a poem about my thoughts and feelings as I reflected on life. Thanks for caring!

    ReplyDelete