Tuesday, August 3, 2010

A Poem of Encouragement

I found this poem while I was reading a book and I found it encouraging and thought I would share with others....

Fine china, crystal stemware, my tables never grace,
But Bibles, pens, and paper more often fill the place.

No art prints from the masters my kitchen walls will know;
Instead, a chalkboard showing where the commas ought to go.

My livingroom is far from new; its furniture shows wear,
But that can't hinder talk of God when oft we gather there.

Preparing dinner can teach math- my little ones are able;
To learn about the "sets" of things, while setting the kitchen table.

We weave our life and learning together day by day,
Avoiding fads of culture and every worldly way.

To homeschool isn't easy, But when our life is done,
We want to see our family there and hear God say, "Well done."

By- Laurie Rustick

No comments:

Post a Comment