Monday, June 7, 2010

Thinking For Yourself

I thought I would start my blog off with an entry on thinking for yourself because this is something I am so passionate about. Too many times I hear parents say things like, "well they had to have this or that" and it infuriates me to think that so many people are made to believe they have to do something. Remember that the United States of America is a free country and we have the right to make the decisions we feel that are best for ourselves and our families. Everything from whether or not your child should be vaccinated to whether or not you want to go on IV antibiotics for childbirth due to a positive Strep B test, are all decisions that are yours to make. You have the right to say "yes" and most importantly the right to say "no". Once impowered with this knowledge you and not the doctors can decide on what is best for you and your family. In order for us to think for ourselves it will require research on our part and a desire to learn more. It will take more effort and more time but it is well worth it. The Bible says, "My people perish from lack of knowledge..."(Hosea 4:6) Another version puts it, "My people are destroyed from lack of knowledge". We are living in a sinful world far from God's original intention. While we cannot avoid all diseases I do believe that we can make decisions that will allow us and our families to live an abundant life. Let's not get caught up in following the crowd but let us seek His face and ask what He wants for ourselves and our families.

2 comments:

  1. I like it, girl! Way to say it like it is. I hope you enjoy your blog for your and your expression as much as for giving information to others. Love you! Love, Bekah

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will never ever forget those words since the day I heard them meeting you and Kara. It really gave me a new perspective on saying no because so many people make you feel like you have no other choice but to say yes. Thanks you so much-Jenn

    ReplyDelete