Monday, June 7, 2010

The "Raw" Truth about Raw Milk

Raw milk is an amazing food! All the enzymes are available as opposed to the pasteurized milk in which less than 10% of the enzymes remain. Raw milk contains 100% of its vitamin content. Pasteurized milk has a loss of Vitamins A,D,E and F of up to 66%. Vitamin C loss is usually greater than 50% and Vitamin B6 & B12 are virtually destroyed. Pateurization does not sterilize milk. Residual bacteria and post-pasteurazation contamination can cause health problems. Extensive records show that raw milk from healthy cows has a high safety record and that pasteurized milk does not, having caused thousands of cases of bacterial disease. These same records show that certified raw milk products have never been proven to cause a fatality, but pasteurized milk has caused many. Additives are common in pasteurized milk and some producers add vegetable oil to their milk products. Milk and milk products have a US Agricultural Department "Standard of Identity" which allows processors to put anything into the products as long as they heat them, without listing all the ingredients on the label. Now that is scary if you ask me! Our family drinks only raw milk and I have noticed how well tolerated it is by my kids even when they are sick. Raw milk does not seem to cause the stomach upset that pasteurized milk causes in my son and I. Also I noticed that raw milk does not seem to increase the mucous production in my little one when he has a cold. I could go on and on about the benefits of raw milk but you can research and read for yourself more. A great website that I highly recommend is called www.realmilk.com and on that website you will find information to the Weston A Price Foundation which is another wealth of research and information on raw milk and raw milk products. I hope you found this article informative and I hope it got you thinking outside the box!

No comments:

Post a Comment