Monday, June 7, 2010

Failing To Plan

I couldn't do a blog on holistic living without sharing the absolute need for planning. You have all heard that saying, "if you fail to plan you are planning to fail". That statement is so true as cooking holistically and living that way requires diligent planning. Planning is something I enjoy doing but am often neglectful at consistently doing it. When my son's stomach starts acting up or when I am feeling under the weather I am often reminded that I have been slacking up on my planning. Cooking holistic meals is not complicated... but it does require planning ahead of time. For those moms who work it is even more imperative that they plan ahead so that they can thaw the meat the night before and throw something in the crockpot on their way out the door. For those of us who are stay at home moms the temptation to stay in bed and sleep in is great. During the day we are tempted to watch TV, get online or read a book. While those are all fine things they can rob us of our valuable time which could be spent on planning holistic meals for our family. I find the day so much smoother when I have gotten up early and the sink is empty and laundry is started and I have dinner simmering all before the kiddos wake up. This gives me time to myself and yet creates a home atmosphere that is more orderly which helps my thoughts to be more orderly and my attitude to be more orderly. Strange how one thing helps something so seemingly unrelated. I would love to be more diligent in this area but I know I have a long way to go. Thanks for sharing in this journey with me and if anyone out there has tips or ideas on how to plan more effectively or anything along those lines please feel free to comment and share! We can all benefit from eachothers feedback!

No comments:

Post a Comment