Wednesday, May 25, 2011

What Being A Mother and Keeper at Home Means To Me

Its been awhile once again since I have posted. I have been dealing with motherhood in a very real way.. morning sickness! Well actually thats not a very accurate word in my humble opinion. I would call it all day and night sickness. Thankfully I will be 12 weeks on Monday and constant nausea and horrible feeling should be starting to wind down very soon. I have tried not to complain too much as I am just grateful that Yahweh has blessed us with another child and that He has sustained him/her in my womb during this time. I know there are many others out there who would do anything to have all day sickness. I am truly blessed and praise Yahweh for the fruitful womb that He gave me.

This time of sickness has caused me to really reflect on what being a mother and a keeper at home means to me. When I am pregnant I notice right away how easy it is to give up junk foods or things that would not be the best nutrition for my body. I am willing to sacrifice anything in the world for my baby. Obviously being sick for days and nights on end for months WILLINGLY is another thing that being a mother means to me.

I am amazed that Yahweh has decided to bless me with the privilege of motherhood. Motherhood has taught me alot about unconditional love and self-less living. My time is no longer my own and I am on call 24/7. I am responsible for nurturing these blessings. Through my love they can see the love of their Abba Father. This is a huge responsibility and something that I often fail at. I ask Yahweh every day to help me be His hands and feet on this earth to my children. I have learned that giving my time to my children is more important than an empty kitchen sink before I go to bed. I have learned that a kiss from mommy on any boo-boo is magical. I have learned that being a mother is not about what can I GAIN, but about what I can GIVE.

Being a mother means that I get to train my children up in the fear and admonition of Yahweh. I get to talk with them about Him when they sit down, when they walk beside me, when they rise up and when they go to bed. I have the privilege of educating them in academics at home and in doing that it allows me to make Yahweh part of their teaching every single moment. Home educating my children has been a lesson in patience, meekness, self-control and love. I thought I would teach my children tons of things, but turns out they have taught me way more! I would never be the mother I am today without the opportunity to home educate them. I am grateful for that and for my husband's complete support in raising our children at home.

I wouldn't trade being a keeper at home for anything in the world! I was the first to see them walk and talk. I was the first one to comfort them when they got their first boo-boo. I was the one to teach them their ABC's and teach them who Yahweh is and how special they are to Him. I was the one who was able to sit on the couch with my son and teach him to read. One letter, one sentence and then one page at a time. I was there to listen to him share his thoughts, his dreams and his imagination. I was there to build blocks and read book after book after book. No, I didn't get to go to the gym every day. I made due with one car many times. I didn't have new clothes. I couldn't get a manicure or a pedicure. I couldn't get a massage when I was stressed out or head to the local spa to pamper myself on a rough day. I couldn't go out to eat much and had to learn to plan meals and cook from scratch. I didn't get to go to a job where I was recognized by the boss, given pay raises and made to feel important. But you know what? I dont regret anything! I wouldn't want to trade being a keeper at home for all the money, comfort and recognition in this world. I am happy to hear "I love you mommy!" from my children. I am happy to tuck them into bed each night and greet them when they wake up each morning. I am happy to discover the world right along with them.

One day they will be all grown up and I wont be able to tuck them in bed anymore or greet them when they wake up. They wont be sitting on my lap letting me read them books. I wont be kissing their boo-boos or teaching them how to read. I will hopefully be watching them grow up to be men who fear Yahweh and raise strong families for Him. Watching them support their wives in being keepers at home. That is my prayer. A life of sacrifices but with no regrets! Thats what being a mother means to me!

Titus 2:4-5 That they may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, To be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed.

2 comments:

  1. Praise YHWH for wonderful sisters like you bringing up their children to love and serve Yeshua!
    Blessings in Yehsua HaMashiach,
    Joycelyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh, thank you Sis! Its not always easy but its always worth it! And its made me a better person. My children have helped mold my character in a way that pleases my Abba! Blessings to you to!

    ReplyDelete