Tuesday, May 17, 2011

A Life of Surrender, Faith and Trust

These past few months have been quite on a journey on many levels. I have studied the Bible more than I ever have in my entire life. I have re-evaluated my beliefs based on what I had been taught versus what the Bible says. I have learned alot and of course have alot more to learn. I will never arrive.

At the end of March my husband called me from work one morning and said some things a wife never wants to hear, "Honey, I got fired and I am on my way home". Amazingly enough God had prepared my heart and mind for something like this and I was not filled with fear or panic at all. It was a miracle. Hubby came home from work and filed for unemployment, fully prepared for his company to fight it. It has been a miracle but they have not fought the unemployment at all! Yes the money he makes now is like $800 less a month than what he was making before, but because we are in foreclosure we do not have a housing payment (until we are kicked out) and so that has actually been a blessing in disguise.

Andrew has applied for school at HACC and is looking into getting a certificate in Computer Repair Technology. He wants to have more employment options than just warehouse jobs. His placement test is this Friday to see what classes he will have to take in order to begin. We are taking it one day at a time. The program will take two years to complete if he does it full time and during the summers. However, I am sure we will get the notice to leave this property before two years are up. We have already gone a year without a notice and the average time we were told was 12-18 months. Once we get that notice we of course will have to move somewhere that has a rental fee which means he wont be able to do school anymore.. or at least not more than one class a semester. So we are relying on God to lead us wherever He chooses. We are very open to moving out of the area and even out of the state. We are seriously considering a very big move and if God opens the doors, we will follow.

About a week after he was fired we found out that I was expecting blessing #3! I guess some people would be worried and wonder what they were going to do, but once again God gave me a peace that passes all understanding and I was not worried at all. Where God guides, He provides. I trust that He will provide for this little one's every need and our family as well. Of course medical insurance ended for us on April 1st and this is something much needed for a pregnant mama. I applied for medical assistance and just heard from them on Friday that I was approved. So once again, God has provided for our every need. God has also provided us with so many new friends who have not only prayed for us, but have put love into action and given us money to help with the little things that have come along. We have never seen such love in action from other brothers and sisters and it has renewed our faith and encouraged us to know that there are genuine Believers out there.

We are not sure where the path that God has for us will lead us but we are willing to follow wherever that leads to. We have learned alot about faith and surrender in these past few months and we have learned what trusting in God really looks like. Its been quite the journey and I look forward to what the rest of the journey has in store for us. I have learned so many life lessons and I am so grateful that God has used these circumstances to mold my character. I look forward to Him molding me more and more into His image. He is the Potter and I am the clay.

3 comments:

  1. Beautifully written Rebekah, thank you once again for sharing your journey with us. I can relate to much of the sentiment you have expressed above and it's comforting to know others have that same faith and are allowing YHWH to guide their path without fear knowing HE'll walk before us.

    Blessings to you and your family.

    Shalom, Gabbai

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful... both on the lessons Yah is teaching you, as well as your newest little blessing! Thank you for sharing. What an amazing El we serve =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your expected arrival! I hope all goes well with the job opportunities and that you will look back on this time of your lives and see the divine purpose for it all <3

    ReplyDelete