Friday, February 11, 2011

A Perplexing Question

"For just as Jonah was three days and three nights in the belly of the great fish, so will the Son of Man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth."
Matt 12:40 (ESV)

I believe what Yeshua says and I take what He says literally. He literally said that He would be in the grave for three days and three nights. So how come my whole life I was taught that He was buried on Friday and rose on Sunday? Do we suddenly lose our math skills when it comes to something like this? Friday to Sunday is only two nights!

Why does this matter some may ask. Well, let me tell you why. If He did not do as He said then that makes Him a liar and that means that He was a sinner and that He could not be the Messiah. Now my dear friends, I do not believe that. I believe that the Messiah is who He said He was. That He was in the grave for three nights and three days.

I am still studying, but based on what I have learned so far, it would appear as though Yeshua was crucified on a Wednesday and rose on the Sabbath (Saturday). Remember that when Mary went to the tomb.. "Now after the Sabbath, toward the dawn of the first day of the week, Mary Magdalene and the other Mary went to see the tomb." Matt 28:1 It appears to me that very early on Sunday morning Yeshua was already gone from the tomb. And just as He said, He was in the tomb for the three days and three nights!

Here is a time line that might help you understand it better to!

http://www.jesusfirst.org/free-downloads/articles/timeline.pdf
http://www.jesusfirst.org/free-downloads/articles/timeline.pdf

No comments:

Post a Comment