Monday, February 14, 2011

Are you part of the Covenants?

I have many people tell me that they are Gentiles and are not part of Israel. These are people professing to be Christians. I am concerned for several reasons. First of all Gentile means, "out of covenant". I certainly do not want to be considered out of covenant. Second, in Eph 2:11-12 talks about who we were before we accepted and began to follow the Messiah. We were aliens of the commonwealth of Israel and strangers to the covenants. I beg you to reconsider who you are in the Messiah. You have been grafted in. You are no longer an alien of the commonwealth of Israel and you are now partakers in the covenants.


The New Covenant, as first spoken of in Jeremiah, is made only with the Houses of Israel and Judah. If you don't consider yourself belonging to one of those two people groups, you are not included in the covenant, and are not of His people.. YHVH's words :
Jer 31:31 "Here, the days are coming," says ADONAI, "when I will make a new covenant with the house of Isra'el and with the house of Y'hudah.
Jer 31:32 It will not be like the covenant I made with their fathers on the day I took them by their hand and brought them out of the land of Egypt; because they, for their part, violated my covenant, even though I, for my part, was a husband to them," says ADONAI.
Jer 31:33 "For this is the covenant I will make with the house of Isra'el after those days," says ADONAI: "I will put my Torah within them and write it on their hearts; I will be their God, and they will be my people.

Heb 8:8-10 says, For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith YHVH, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah; Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith YHVH. For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith YHVH; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a ELOHIYM, and they shall be to me a people."



It appears to me that if you are not of the house of Judah or the house of Israel, you will be on the outside looking in!

3 comments:

  1. "I am talking to you Gentiles. Inasmuch as I am the apostle to the Gentiles, I make much of my ministry in the hope that I may somehow arouse my own people to envy and save some of them. For if their rejection is the reconciliation of the world, what will their acceptance be but life from the dead? If the part of the dough offered as first fruits is holy, then the whole batch is holy; if the root is holy, so are the branches.

    If some of the branches have been broken off, and you, though a wild olive shoot, have been grafted in among the others and now share in the nourishing sap from the olive root, do not boast over those branches. If you do, consider this: You do not support the root, but the root supports you. You will say then, “Branches were broken off so that I could be grafted in. Granted. But they were broken off because of unbelief, and you stand by faith. Do not be arrogant, but be afraid. For if God did not spare the natural branches, he will not spare you either.

    Consider therefore the kindness and sternness of God: sternness to those who fell, but kindness to you, provided that you continue in his kindness. Otherwise, you also will be cut off. And if they do not persist in unbelief, they will be grafted in, for God is able to graft them in again. After all, if you were cut out of an olive tree that is wild by nature, and contrary to nature were grafted into a cultivated olive tree, how much more readily will these, the natural branches, be grafted into their own olive tree!"

    I am a wild olive branch, grafted unto the holy root in humility :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of us Believers who truly follow the Messiah and turn from their old ways and take on a new life are grafted into the olive tree for sure! I am humbled by this! I consider it a joy, an honor and a blessing to be able to be considered part of Israel.

    ReplyDelete