Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Thanksgiving

As Thanksgiving approaches I am reminded daily of just how much I have to be grateful for. For those of you who follow my blog, I have reached my 30 faces in 30 days for which I am very grateful. I am going tonight to my meeting where I will receive all of my awards, recognition and prizes. These material things are not what inspired me to perservere.. it was saying that I was going to do something and seeing it through until completion. I wanted to be diligent and my diligence was rewarded.

I am so very grateful for two wonderful little boys that God has blessed me with, a husband who loves and cherishes me and loves the Lord, a healthy family, a roof over my head, food on my table, warm clothing, toys for the children,indoor plumbing, running hot water, a bed to sleep in, phones to be able to communiate with others, parents, inlaws, sisters, brother, a good church, caring friends and most importantly my salvation. There is so much I have to be grateful for. The operational definition of gratefulness is this -- Making known to God and others in what ways they have benefited my life. 1 Corinthians 4:7 says, "For who makes you different from anyone else? What do you have that you did not receive? And if you did receive it, why do you boast as though you did not?" 1 Timothy 6:6-8 says, "But godliness with contentment is great gain. For we brought nothing into this world, and we can take nothing out of it. But if we have food and clothing we will be content with that." Hebrews 13:5 says, "Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said, Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you." 1 Thessalonians 5:18 says, "Give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." These are just a few verses on thankfulness/gratefulness in the Bible. Just living in a country where we are free to worship the Lord is something to be grateful for. It is so easy to get caught up in the spirit of materialism in this country. We have come to confuse our wants with our needs.

Lets remember all the things we are thankful for this holiday season.. and not just during this season, but all year round. An attitude of gratitde creates blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment