Thursday, November 11, 2010

The Locusts

So, I have been doing lots of thinking and lots of praying and God brought a verse to mind that I just had to share. It reminded me of what I have been going through, those things recently and even all the things in my past. It was an encouragement to me and I wanted to share it with others.

Joel 2:25, "Then I will make up to you for the years that the swarming locust has eaten, the creeping locust, the stripping locust and the gnawing locust, My great army which I sent among you." (New American Standard Bible)

Wow, so I have felt like there have been alot of "locusts" in my life. I have certainly had my share of the creeping locust (the type that doesn't say much but is criticizing you from a distance), the stripping locust (the ones who have literally stripped my heart at times of all the forgiveness I can muster) and the gnawing locust (those who you repeatedly try to embrace but instead they just attempt to gnaw holes in your heart and your character).. I dont know.. call me crazy.. but I really felt like this verse spoke to me in my season that I am in. I feel now like God is restoring those years little by little. I am being surrounded by wonderful, authentic, Christian friends and I couldn't be more thankful. I am digging deeper in study of His word and I am on my knees more than ever. God is truly restoring those years for me. He is showing me His grace, His faithfulness and His forgiveness more every day and He is empowering me to share that same grace and forgiveness with others. Thank you Lord!

2 comments:

  1. I love that verse :-) Definitely a good one to meditate on! Blessings to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, something I need to do more often (meditation).. Blessings to you and your family as well!

    ReplyDelete