Friday, November 12, 2010

Devotional Thoughts for today...

I just wanted to share with you some passages of scripture that I read this morning. They really spoke to my heart. I am finding more and more that when I seek Him and seek to hear Him.. He does speak to me in that ever so still, small voice.

"Help Lord, for the godly are no more; the faithful have vanished from among men. Everyone lies to his neighbor; their flattering lips speak deception. May the Lord cut off all flattering lips and every boastful tongue that says, We will triumph with our tongues; we own our lips -- who is our master? Because of the oppression of the weak and the groaning of the need, I will now arise says the Lord, I will protect them from those who malign them. And the words of the Lord are flawless, like silver refined in the furnace of clay, purified seven times. O Lord, you will keep us safe and protect us from such people forever. The wicked freely strut about when what is vile is honored among men." Psalm 12

Proverbs 12:16, "A fool shows his annoyance at once, but a prudent man overlooks an insult."

For those of you who have been following my blog you will probably understand why these verses mean so much to me. I feel like I have really gone through a refining process these past few months. And while I know I have much more refining to be done, I find comfort in these verses in Psalms which seem to offer me the hope that God will protect me now. I felt lonely to like the beginning of this passage. I wondered where are the godly men/women are. This scripture passage just spoke volumes to me. And Proverbs 12:16 is something I am praying over myself daily.

"Lord, please help me to be a prudent person. Help me to overlook insults. Help me to be a light in a very dark world. And help me never to forget that I have not arrived but am a work in progress. Amen!"

No comments:

Post a Comment