Sunday, September 29, 2013

Endurance and Patience

Well, it has been almost a year since I last posted! *GASP*  So sorry! I really want to be more active on my blog because its so encouraging to go back and read old posts and see just how far the Father has brought me. These past eleven months have been full of wonderful learning lessons. In the most recent months I have begun a journey to get healthier and to lose some much needed weight. My ultimate goal is to lose a total of eighty pounds and so far I am a little over half way there! I cannot believe I have lost 45 lbs, countless inches and gone from a very tight size 18 to a comfortable size 14. I am BEYOND grateful! I feel so much better about myself and have way more energy. However I have realized that permanent weight loss requires endurance and patience. These two qualities have always been weak spots for me but the Father is helping me turn them into strengths. I would not have lost a single pound if it werent for my heavenly Father. I owe Him ALL the praise for getting even this far! The temptations and cravings at times were overwhelming, but when I prayed and asked for His help, He was faithful to answer me and grant me help in my time of need. I have learned that weight doesnt come off overnight and that even if days go by without a single tenth of a pound being lost, I must continue to endure and be patient. I think I am finally learning that lesson. Learning that my food choices each day matter even if I am not losing weight each day or seeing the results of those good food choices immediately. On October 1st I am starting a 60 day challenge and I will be working out four days a week along with very carefully following my healthy eating plan that helped me lose the weight I have so far. I am excited to have the accountability again and to have a goal to aim for. I would LOVE to be at my wedding weight (which was eleven years ago) by December 31st of this year. Only time will tell if that will happen. In the meantime, I encourage you all no matter what area of your life, to learn to be patient and to endure!

1 comment:

  1. Good for you to take this journey. It is so hard! I have gained and lost 30 pounds a few times now, and it can be very frustrating. You can do it!!

    ReplyDelete